How do I install fonts? (Windows & Mac)
The installation of fonts is very straightforward, so do not worry! Follow the steps below to install your fonts.
- Unzip the folder containing the fonts first. Fonts cannot be installed if they are zipped.
- Right click on the font file and select Install.
Install using FontBook (Mac default font installer)
- Double click the unzipped font file and Font Book will open a preview of the font.
- Click “Install Font” at the bottom of the preview.
Please Note: When installing fonts with FontBook, you may receive a ‘Validation’ error. This is to be expected when installing detailed fonts such as the ones found within my portfolio. FontBook struggles to validate fonts with high node counts. You can safely ignore this and continue the installation.
Install manually (Quicker when installing in bulk)
- Open Finder and click the Go menu at the top of the screen.
- While in the Go menu, hold down both the Alt/Option and Shift keys on your keyboard to reveal the hidden link to the Library folder
- Navigate to your Fonts folder:
- Drag and drop the unzipped font files into this folder.
Do I need any special software to use your fonts?
You do not need any special software to use my fonts; The fonts will install to your system and will be accessible by your prefered application. Some fonts (particularly those that are textured) may struggle to render correctly in older programs/programs that are not primarily configured for design – If this happens, get in touch as there are a couple of things we can try.
Can I use your products for commercial purposes?
Where are my downloads?
After purchasing, you will receive an email from [email protected] with the subject line ‘Your Design Goods Have Arrived’ – Within the email you will find the download link/s for your new goodies. Also, you can log into your account here: https://tomchalky.com/my-account and access your products via the ‘Downloads’ section.
Get in Touch
Do you still need help? No problem. Use the form below to get in touch with me directly and I’ll reply to you as soon as possible! (Within 24 hours, very often less)